Monday 1 February 2010

Modern Day Hysterics

After checking, and re-checking, and then re-checking again, the various details, footnotes, and required documentation that Universities require for mere mortals to apply to Master's Courses, I came up with the following.
Seeing as I am lacking the time for a proper post right now it will have to do, but it is a fine representation of how bureaucracy makes me feel!

begone!
oh foul insects
that scrape and scrabble within me
how you chew and knaw
at my brain and hands
demanding, incesantly demanding!
that i do your will and yours alone
No!
I shall not pick up that pen
I shall not submit myself
to the tortuous and agonising
drone of dear sirs and to whom it may concerns
I am not here to please you
I am a child of the cosmos
free to fly and roam as I see fit!
I will not be chained by your societal needs
I will not massage the ever growing ego
you may pluck and pull and taunt and tease
but I am free
and this dammed form
shall be completed tomorrow
SO MOTE IT BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment