Sunday 9 May 2010

The Wonder that is......

DRAGON AGE!!


Looooooooooooook




Aren't they just THE most perfect example of masculine pixels ever to be displayed in high resolution!

The templar outfit is already ordered! And the husky dulcet tones of "I am yours" and "Ti amor" reverberate through our home on a more than necessary basis. All I need now is a velvety red rose kept pristine by the addition of apostate magics and I'm there!

None of this will make any sense if you have not played the game of course, but as I have no shame when it comes to product placement, I can only encourage you to go and buy it!

It is awesome. Buggy, unbalanced, and some of the results from the dialogue options make no sense whatsoever, but if you are a total romantic then you will not be able to help but go SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE at our adorable heroes as the game progresses(the women are pretty fit as well!)

The game is written like a good book, with a level of sophistication to the dialogue that really draws you in and has you adventuring along with your companions. I have gotten a little obsessed it has to be said, but I am aware of this! and am using this awareness as justification to continue with the playthroughs and waste money on the downloadable content (I am currently on my third go of the game.... yay!) I'm having fun, and right now I need fun :)

My obsession has spread to the extent that I have joined the great unwashed in the realms of fanfiction! Its called "Futures Untoward" and can be found at fanfiction.net. under the dragon age category.

For total escapism, you can't beat this game in my opinion. It transports you to another world full of heroism, monsters, love and excitement! Perfect for a grey Sunday afternoon (although I have cake on the way, which is definitely a cause for celebration!)

So go buy and enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment