Wednesday 16 June 2010

Home Truths

I was in two minds as to whether or not to post this, but seeing as today appears to be a day for revelation, I thought it might contribute albeit in a candid fashion. But such is my way, you wouldn't love me half as much if it wasn't :-)

Its not exactly a positive piece I suppose, but it is one we can all relate to I think, and I don't think anyone really gets to the stage where these words would have no relevance whatsoever. If they do, then they have probably missed something.

Anyhow, here you go, poetry corner of the day! Entitled "Home Truths"

Did your latest fabrication
Make it into your bestseller list
Or is this one simply a one liner
Words and promises jumbled
To fit that which you try to hide
That which you insist is a lie

Ahhhhhh
The burning acid of this year's finest vintage
and rolled tobacco leaf
So easily acquired and so suitably
numbing
Effective obstacles to those knocking truths
that come a rap rap rapping
on your chamber door

Your barriers are in disrepair
I'm afraid
Hanging on by a single rusty hinge
Where will you be?
Without your royal hues of purple, red and gold
Images and ideals that offer such promise
Brightness
Fire
Freedom

Such a sadness in your eyes
Knowledge
It always comes with a price
The gaping maw of our mistakes and regrets
Where the colours aren't quite
So bright
No, do not reach for me
I am not there yet
And I do not wish to be

No comments:

Post a Comment