Friday 11 June 2010

Run

Torn from inside and cast into flame
Burnt at birth and baptised in pain
Claw through some semblance
Some version of what should be done
I cannot face this
This never should have begun

Light up
Light up
As if you have a choice

It’s funny how some things never let us go
Or maybe just tragic?
Maybe its all just for show
My cracked and blistered feet
Take baby steps all the way
Bloodied tears and permanent fears
Shredded scars all here to stay

Even if you cannot hear my voice
I am right beside you dear

Sometimes I get taken aback
By just how much I hate you
By just how much I want to hurt
To cast you out and desert you
To call the titans from the sky
And drive a stake through your heart
To desecrate all that you are
To end that what you had no right to start

Louder louder
And we'll run for our lives

I am sculpted by your heresy
Trussed up by your tragedy
Defined by your depravity
Given substance by your animosity
Chained by your rejection
Falsified by your projection
Beaten by your derision
Still you never see me cry

I can hardly speak I understand
Why you can't raise your voice to say

The wheel of time will always turn
And I will always disappear
Feathers fall from broken wings
Your spectre always near
I cannot be you
However much you beg
I will always disappoint you
And one day, this might end

2 comments:

  1. I like the gothic language and the punchy structure - it's very powerful. Hope you're OK xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun, I will be fine xxx
    Looking forward to seeing you in your finery tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete